If you are looking for somewhere really awesome to go these school holidays then look no further than the KAURI COAST !
Starting less than a 2 hour easy drive from Auckland just turn left at Brynderwyn onto SH12 and follow this road all the way along the KAURI COAST. Download and print the Kauri Coast School Holiday Brochure including special family deals & discounts
Here are just a few MUST DOS
- Visit the internationally award winning Kauri Museum
- Take part in the holiday programme with Circus Kumarani
- Visit Ernie in his shed The Kumara Box
- Visit the lighthouse at Pouto Point
- Take a 4WD drive along New Zealand’s longest drivable Ripiro Beach
- Take a pony or horse ride at Baylys Beach
- Take a quad bike ride along Baylys Beach
- Visit the freshwater and crystal clear Kai Iwi Lakes
- Plant your own kauri & take part in the holiday programme in Waipoua Forest learning all sorts of crafts and about our elusive kiwi
- Take a Footprints Waipoua guided walk in the Waipoua Forest to learn about the ancient trees, birds, insects & plants – Lonely Planet puts Footprints Waipoua in the world’s top 80 eco things to do!
- Visit Louis the giant at his famous puzzle place The Labyrinth and maybe see an elephant!
- Make your very own bonecarving with the Hokianga Bonecarver
- Become a budding Masterchef and spend time in a luxury lodge’s commercial kitchen